A process for core library fixes and improvements

I think even before going to 3, it is worth assessing what bugs do we want to fix? Building a tool will help to automate this, but I would like to know, what is the demand for the automation and organizational effort? I ask, because as I say, I have not yet run into a showstopper bug with Elm, only minor annoyances. Of course, it is valuable to fix stuff that is obviously fixable, especially where someone has taken the time to make a good PR for it.

So I created a google sheet to collect information on what are the essential fixes that people want?

Just add the description and github link of the issues that are bothering you, or are obviously broken things you can fix, or things that are fixed and have good PRs that should really be merged.

I am happy to do some triaging on this list, if others help make it. The triaging will be to go through the list and look at all the github issues, and fill in some additional fields like - is the issue still current, is it a runtime exception fix, is it a behaviour change but not an API change, is it an API addition, is it an API change, is there a PR, and so on.

5 Likes