Clients expressing doubt about choosing Elm

I am working on Elm full time, the same as always. I am currently doing some exploratory compiler work that is relatively long term. I wrote about it here and the plans are still the same.

If someone has a security issue from the compiler or core libraries, please DM me about it. Outside of security issues, I think capacity for more discretionary changes will increase once the lessons from the compiler explorations become more clear.

Can the people who run the FAQ point to the post linked above for a “roadmap” question? I can put that content in an .md file somewhere if that helps. Please DM if you are making the FAQ edits and have questions about a draft or anything.

More Generally

I tried to talk about how expectations of “corporate open source” vs “independent open source” in this thread. It tries to “define the problem” of meeting the expectations that many people have for programming languages.

I will be talking about these kinds of topics here on Friday.

I was also scheduled to do a talk about this at Deconstruct conf in early 2020. It got cancelled, but I hope I can do something like that later in 2021.

I hope this information is helpful to a general reader, and I encourage you to DM if you have a decent amount of Elm code for your business and want to talk about something.

40 Likes