Downloading svg files created in the browser

Wonderful examples @pdamoc, thank you. You got me up and running. I’ve been lucky enough to get by with just elm reactor up to this point, with the main pain point being the lack of live reload. I was going to ask what the best recommended build management would be, but after a little bit of searching, it looks like you already answered that one as well. For those reading this now, What is the build manager best suited for bundling Elm with JS? In short, the answer was webpack for more complicated requirements like using ports.

I also have a follow up question. I feel like I may have understated my requirements at the beginning. I was trying to avoid the XY problem but I need to back up one more step to get there. I am looking to create these SVG files so that I can then print them afterwords. This means that I would like to have proper sizing of the output file (Letter 8’’ x 11.5’’ or A3 210mm x 297mm). I can fix this in post processing since the aspect ratio will be the same. Again, for the sake of ergonomics and to help reduce the number of mistakes I may make in my process, how can I ensure that I download the SVG with the proper size specified by some input values? It is unlikely that the browser version will be accurate due to the different unit representation and viewing requirements.