Json to Elm/Elm-UI

Thanks. I have reviewed few of those solutions but came up with roadblocks. Just to be a bit more clear, here is part of the solution I am trying to build:

This is a tool to compose SQL queries that will run into various databases (Exasol, Redshift, Etc.) and then produce an output. The output is materialized into a new table within the db so in theory data does not have to go to the client, but eventually some data will if the client is going to do some more interesting things than just ETL (like charts for instance).

So I don’t have a predefined schema and I don’t have a predefined database. The sync part will be an issue but I was thinking it might be easier if we make communication between client/server super simple by having 1 direction for input (elm to server) and 1 direction for rendering (server json to elm).

Ideally we do most of the computation in the server and just light computation on the client, so the data going to the client could be of somewhat small-ish size. Depending on how much we can do on the server and how much we want to cache on the client.