Where is Elm going; where is Evan going

Thank you for the kind words. For a moment I feared that I was hijacking your thread.

Totally agree. I was implying that it would be a dick move pretty bad thing to do, and not respectful to Evan’s work.

At this point, I am willing to do this without requiring Evan to pitch the future of Elm to us.

Ostensibly, he would be compensated for the great work that he has already done and the value we got from Elm-as-it-is, so that he is free to do what he wants for a little while.

Secretly, I hope to give him enough leverage to make Elm something great and sustainable. I even have OpinionsTM on this matter, but I consider them off-topic for now.

I agree that it is a gamble, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised that you are open to taking it too!

What we should ask Evan is “Would you like some money from us?”. He might be uncomfortable receiving it, thinking it will bring pressure on him, or that people will get entitled after donating. To me, the goal is a true “no string attached” donation from the community to the Elm Foundation, but we can’t be sure that nobody will try to bargain for output or features afterwards.

We would also have to sort out the practical aspect with him. The Elm Foundation doesn’t take online donations from individuals as @Lucas_Payr pointed out. Here is old but related info I dug up, someone let me know if it’s outdated:

1 Like