Get Paid (Or Mentored) To Work On Open Source Elm Product

I’m the creator of ParlezVous; a Disqus alternative built in Elm (original announcement can be found here)

I have taken on a demanding work commitment recently and as such cannot work on PV very much for the foreseeable future. However, I still want ParlezVous to continue growing out in the open.

As such, I am looking to partner with someone who is able to contribute a few hours per week to help continue the development of this app.

There are two ways you could get compensated.

• I could pay out of pocket for your contributions on an hourly basis (up to a certain amount since I’m currently not making much money)

• Profit Share agreement where you continue to generate income even after you’ve stopped contributing

If you’re just starting to learn Elm, you would be getting free mentorship by me as well.

Github Project Page: parlez-vous · GitHub

Demo: https://demo.parlezvous.io (I’ve implemented upvotes and downvotes but haven’t gotten around to deploying that yet).

Stack:

• Infra: Digital Ocean, TravisCI
  • Back End: PostgreSQL, Prisma, NodeJS (written in TypeScript)
  • and of course, Front Ends (embed + admin dashboard) in Elm :heart:

If interested, please reach out to me via opensource [at] gdelgado [dot] ca

5 Likes

Hi Giorgio,
I am an experienced Elm developer and what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise and I would be glad to help you out.
You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.