Lamdera: A year in review; v1.0.0, paid plans, carbon mission and more

Hi Mario, thank you very much for your thoughtful and reassuring answer! With these changes and the possibility of an agreement on caps on pricing increases I feel much more confident suggesting to have a look at Lamdera at my company!

2 Likes

Hey Mario, thanks for clarifying some of these aspects on terms.

I do have a question that I didn’t see asked or addressed through any of the official channels (including the https://dashboard.lamdera.app/shouldnt-use page):

On the off chance that Lamdera is no longer commercially viable, would you be keen to open source the platform such that self hosting becomes an option for existing users? This is my concern for production applications since there’s no migration “off ramp” to non-Lamdera given how tightly the backend/frontend is integrated.

I’m certainly not holding you to making a commitment in this thread, but I’m wondering what’s the general philosophy and your personal leaning on this matter.

2 Likes

Hey @petergao

Yes I’m not opposed to that idea, though the “commercially viable” threshold is pretty low!

Signing up for a paid plan would be the fastest way to ensure continuity :wink: we’re already pretty close!

Otherwise businesses worried about this should reach out about the Enterprise plan and source-available licensing, another way to ensure continuity.

There are also people with custodial access to source code in case something happens to me, and business continuity safeguards in place. I plan to formalise these details more publicly in future.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.