New Elm-pair release adds support for Visual Studio Code

Hi folks! I’ve been continuing work on Elm-pair. Since there’s been a bunch of additions since my previous post I thought I’d give an update!

First off, Elm-pair will now help you when you rename a variable, type, or constructor. If you change the name in one place, Elm-pair will update the rest.

animation demonstrating renaming functionality

Next, Elm-pair is now available as an extension for Visual Studio Code in addition to Neovim. If you wanna give it a try, it’s in the VSCode Marketplace. I’m looking forward to adding support for many additional editors.

vscode screenshot annotated with installation steps

If this sounds useful you can find installation instructions at https://elm-pair.com. I’d love your feedback!

21 Likes

This looks amazing, and I will play around with it right away.
Does it support editing across files? (e.g. when editing the name of an exposed function)

1 Like

Thank you for the nice words! Renaming across files is not yet supported, but it’s the thing I’m currently working on.

6 Likes

This is a awesome tool. I installed it right after your announcement of the vscode support but didn’t have time to play around with it then and forgot about it. Yesterday I did some elm coding again and did not understand why it felt different (in a positive way) at first. I then realized that it was your plugin that was making me smile while coding… Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This made me really happy to read @konnik. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.