Kite now helps you visualize the module dependency graph of your elm project.
Here is a video that illustrates how to do it.
Here are some improvements made after the last announcement:
elm-ui for the layout. There is no css any more.
- multiple files with animated transitions between them. (This makes step-by-step visualizations of algorithms easy.)
- using local storage for saving the graphs
- an example for algorithm visualization (Dijsktra’s shortest path algorithm)
- labels for nodes and edges
- individual gravity centers for each node
You can see the roadmap for future plans.
The UI looks fantastic and I love how smooth it is. The video is nice also.
Maybe there are some algorithms out there to optimize the nodes positions by minimizing edges overlaps? I believe that graphviz uses something like that?
The best that I could find online is dagre.
My hope is that in the future, people are going to implement graph drawing algorithms as elm packages and Kite is going to use them.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.