Announcing Elm Camp Europe - Denmark - June 2023

Hi all

We’re excited to announce that Elm Camp Europe will take place from 28 - 30 June 2023 at Dallund Castle near Odense, Denmark.

We’ll open https://elm.camp for purchasing tickets & further sponsorship at 8am UTC Monday 17 April.

A couple months ago, we put out a survey to see if there was any interest in folks from the Elm community coming together for an UnConference in Europe this summer, either in Poland or Denmark. It turns out there was both sufficient interest from individuals & some generous sponsorship offers from companies, so we’ve decided to go ahead.

There was marginally more interest in Denmark as a location, and having exclusive occupancy of the venue suits the UnConference format better, so we’ve opted for that.

Because it’s the first UnConference style gathering for the Elm Community, we decided to keep it small. Tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. The rural location also means that alternative accommodation nearby is limited, but we’ll do our best to help make sure everyone who wants to can attend. We also have an Opportunity Grant fund so that people who may not otherwise be able to afford to attend can apply for financial assistance.

We’ll be publishing more information about the planned format and how attendees can submit sessions in the coming weeks.

Please get in touch if you have questions, concerns or offers of help! We look forward to seeing you there!

• The Elm Camp Organisers

Tickets available from 8am UTC Monday 17 April at https://elm.camp

25 Likes

That’s wonderful news! It looks like it’s gonna be a nice, friendly and productive event. I’m not going to be able to attend (mostly because I’m gonna be moving in a new house exactly on those days!) but I’m delighted to see this coming together. Will there be videos?

2 Likes

Thank for your kind words of support. Good luck with the move! We are exploring ideas around recording at least some of the sessions.

3 Likes

This is great!!!

I’ll be in Europe all June but sadly depart on the 28th. Super bummed I can’t make it but soo glad it’s going ahead.

Well done folks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.