I have yet to see a template or tool for creating a progressive web app using both Elm and Rust in the front end so I created one called elm-rust-template.
- Zero configuration required at startup
- Easily port your existing Elm app with almost no modifications into a reliable PWA built on Rust’s high performance
- Automatically optimize and minimize all assets for an extremely small production build size, 160KB demo app (50KB of code, 110KB of icons)
- Excellent cross-platform support, see caniuse.com
Highly customizable, just modify
package.jsonas you see fit
- try-elm-rust-pwa (Hello world app)
- hack-assembler (More elaborate example using external Rust libraries)
- For some reason, the Add to Home Screen doesn’t show up on Android Chrome. See my StackOverflow question.
- Add support for hot reload, possibly using elm-hot-webpack-loader or elm-hot
- Automate conversion from existing Elm projects
If you know how to solve the Android PWA issue or have some ideas on how to implement new features, please tell me how or submit a PR on elm-rust-template.