Checkboxes in Elm Bootstrap Package

Hi folks,

I was trying to implement some checkboxes via Bootstrap.Form.Checkbox - elm-bootstrap 5.2.0

I basically want to use the same “Msg” type when two (or more) checkboxes are ticked. But I am struggling how to pass more information from my View to my model. I.e. onCheck only has the True/False value of the box as an argument.

If I try to pass more “arguments” to onCheck I hit

But `onCheck` needs the 1st argument to be:

Bool -> msg

I essentially want to just flip a boolean within my model, and given the Msg is doing the same thing I thought I could use a common Msg. I.e. perhaps I could define a couple of Msg types but what if I have 100 checkboxes? I see there is a Checkbox.id field but don’t see that I can make use of that.

Can I work around it with this does anyone know, or do I need to do checkboxes in another way?
I see Forms in Elm — Validation, Tutorial and Examples — Part 3 | by Lucamug | Medium is sort of doing what I want but I was hoping to use this Bootstrap stuff if possible.

Or am I using completely the wrong thing if I want to use checkboxes in this way.

Thanks!!!

Something like this: https://ellie-app.com/crYDVG5ty4Ta1 ?

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time! Great answer. A classic example of currying (I think?), which I had read about, and did contemplate briefly and couldn’t quite figure out for this example. And I got distracted by other fields, and looking up the source code for the bootstrap library etc.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.