Hello friends I’m excited to share a library that I’m hoping will be useful to some! elm-concurrent-task - If you’ve used elm-pages BackendTask, it’s more or less a standalone implementation you can drop into any elm app.
It gives you:
Taskapi with structured concurrent execution of
- A hack free implementation of Task Ports (call JS functions safely as tasks).
- Convenient and expressive error handling.
I’m using a version of it in some of my apps and it’s sped up some operations quite significantly.
I’ve not published it yet but would love to get some feedback (thoughts or suggestions on the api, any bugs or confusing behaviour).
- Check out the repo - GitHub - andrewMacmurray/elm-concurrent-task: Run a tree of Tasks concurrently, call JS functions as Tasks (Task Ports).
- Check out a preview of the docs - Elm Doc Preview
- And a few examples of what you can do with it - https://github.com/andrewMacmurray/elm-concurrent-task/tree/main/examples