A little bit of context:
- I started to learn programming 2 months ago and elm (0.19) is my first real programming language (R, Html)
- I started to learn elm because I want to build an (open source) web app (and got the recommendation that elm is great. After listenting to some podcasts and reading about comparisons of programming languages I thought, yep, seems about right.)
- I’ve worked through online tutorials, 1 elm book, went to a meetup used other online resources
Next things I want to learn (and understand) are:
- SPA with Navigation and handling several Pages (incl Msgs, views, etc) in Main.elm
- User Authentication
At the moment I am rather frustrated, because:
- I’m not proficient enough to understand complex SPAs like official one of Richard Feldman or the elm-lang website
- The official guide is too challenging for me. The chapter on Web Apps is quite short and it is too difficult for me to understand what’s going on in detail.
- The books I have (‘Elm in Action’ and ‘Programming Elm’) either don’t cover SPAs (yet) or the respective chapter is not updated to elm 0.19 (yet)
So this is why I am hoping that somebody here has a recommendation for a SPA that is as simple as possible but as complex as necessary to understand the above mentioned functionalities.