This is the last part in the ranking series and is about packages ranking in open source Elm applications.
For this attempt at a fair popularity ranking of packages in applications, I used the 817 applications in GitHub that updated the most recently their
elm.json file. There are more than 6600 Elm 0.19.x applications in GitHub but I had to cut down the samples due to some GitHub API limitations and because I kept one application per repository.
- All dependencies are used: normal and test dependencies, direct and indirect (the ranking without indirect dependencies is listed after)
- The 28 days period used in previous rankings to lower the weight of packages age has been increased to 90 days to avoid ranking up too much new packages used once or twice (often in examples from their author)
- This time, I have added the percentage of total uses (from 817 applications) and GitHub stars to allow to compare with the method used (total number of uses in applications / period of 90 days elapsed since package creation)
- I had to cut down the list to 222 packages, use an URL shortener and split the post because of the maximum discourse post size. Sorry for those that didn’t make the cut.
- Do you find this ranking fair? If not why?
- Do you find this ranking useful? Did it help finding packages you needed and didn’t know about?
- Would you like to search packages using such a ranking?