New blogpost: parser combinators

Hey! I managed to write a new blogpost for Haskell curious Elm developers, this time about one of my favourite topics: parser combinators! :star_struck:

Any feedback or question will be welcomed either here or in the comment section of the blogpost, thanks for reading!

11 Likes

Nice read!

Yeah regarding the parallel to decoders, I did notice that this pattern is found in a few places :slight_smile:

I’d love to hear your thoughts about the state monad in a future post (or any monads for that matter)

I understand how we can use it, say to describe operations derived from randomness generation (the state).

But I haven’t had the eureka moment regarding how I could use it in everyday programming yet.

It’d be interesting to see if there could be applications to Elm programming.

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice words! I’m more familiar with using the State monad in Haskell, I was surprised to see there was an Elm package with an implementation, probably folks are using that for diverse purposes. There is an egghead course about the State monad in JavaScript in case is useful and also a previous post in my blog discusses monads in a bit more detail.

If I see more interest regarding this I could explore this possible use cases in a follow up blogpost :crossed_fingers:t3:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.