The Elm plugin for IntelliJ has had advanced support for renaming functions, types and modules for almost 2 years now. But until version 3.4.0, it couldn’t rename record fields. It’s difficult to get this right because you don’t want to accidentaly rename a record which has a field of the same name but is actually independent. I’m happy to announce that we are now able to do this reliably, and that you can now:
- rename record fields
- go to a record field’s declaration
- find all usages of a record field
I’m really excited about this feature and all of the other stuff that we’ve added this year (generate JSON decoders & encoders!), so I figured I would record a demo video showing off the latest features.
The video covers:
- rename refactoring
- unused import detection
- unused code detection
- auto add import
- type inference of expressions
- generate type annotations
- generate JSON decoders and encoders
- ‘introduce variable’ refactoring (extract expr into a
For more information, see https://github.com/klazuka/intellij-elm. If you have questions, DM me on Slack.