Finish with Elm Book, where too now?

Elm looks great and I love to learn more. But after the Elm Book what’s next? How do I start with small projects, as practice for learning to code?

4 Likes

Maybe you can get some ideas from my comment here.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of leveling up by actually coding. There are some great project ideas in the comment linked by @dwayne

My recommendation for the first few projects is to pick something small, visual, and interactive. This makes the problem fun to solve while keeping it relatively easy. I’d recommend staying away from HTTP and JSON just at first. They build on a combination of other concepts in Elm and can be frustrating if you dive head-first into them without much background.

If you get stuck, feel free to ask for help either here on discourse on on Slack. People are happy to help :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to Elm world. A great start could be to select few data structures and/or algorithms and implement them in Elm. It’s both great exercise and will definitely increase your expertise. As Joel pointed out it’s also possible to visualize algorithms as a next step.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.