Poll: posts closing delay

This summer, for the first time in years, I spent a couple of weeks without doing code-related stuff, only checking personal emails.
Now all this summer posts I want to answer to are locked. Ironicaly, especialy this one: Why are posts locked so quickly :wink:
So I’m reopening this “issue” with a poll:

How many days do you think the delay should be to close a post after the last reply?

• 10 (current setting)
  • Posts should never be closed

0 voters

Thanks for your vote!

6 Likes

I have just realized that there is no vote option for less than 10 days. A 10 days delay seems already so quick for me. But feel free to reply if you think that something like 7 days should be new delay.

The real question is, will a site admin actually respond to this poll by changing the setting?

5 Likes

For now, 8 days after the vote started, it seems that only 15% of the 67 voters are happy with the 10 days delay. And no one asked for an even shorter delay.
From the vote details, in my humble opinion, I think that a 30 days delay would be a nice and minimal move from the admins. That would not be that much different from 10 days.

@rupert you are right. Is there an admin out there willing to tell us what they think about this? @admins @moderators @ElmModerationTeam

Maybe an incremental-elm discourse instance? I know it’s thankless work being a moderator, but hopefully a discourse instance would not require much moderation time.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.