What is the recommended way to style a UI?

I am trying to figure out the best way to build and style my user interface. From what I can tell most projects use either elm-ui, elm-css or the style attribute in elm/html. I was wondering what the recommended way to do this is?

I don’t think there’s a single recommended way. If you’re like me and don’t care for CSS most of the time, then elm-ui is great. If you love CSS, then elm-css is great. If you like using SASS, LESS, or other similar tools, then just using the style attribute is great. There’s even a lot of support for Tailwind if that’s your jam.

4 Likes

Thanks. In that case, I think I’ll go with elm-ui as it seems to be an elegant solution.

2 Likes

I agree, there is no single recommended way. My prefered approach is atomic CSS (e.g. Tailwind).

Elm-UI is much less frustrating to use. Definitely don’t write plain CSS directly; it has no error messages which makes it difficult to make stuff work. I’d rather use Scratch in production than use CSS.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.