Do you want a list of all tests (passing and failing) in your console test reports?

The current behavior of elm-test (and elm-test-rs) in the console report is to display the failing tests with their error messages, followed by an aggregated summary of all tests. Something like this:

Running 2 tests. To reproduce these results later,
run elm-test-rs with --seed 558596839 and --fuzz 100

↓ Question
✗ wrong answer

╷
    │ Expect.equal
    ╵

TEST RUN FAILED

Duration: 3 ms
Passed:   1
Failed:   1

Some have asked for the ability to list all the tests run in the report. This could be implemented for example by adding the following, between the failure details and the summary:

↓ Question
   ✗ wrong answer
   ✓ correct answer

I have two questions for you, first do you think such a feature is worth integrating directly into elm-test-rs, and if so how to adapt the CLI? I can see 4 options which are the following:

1. Do not integrate this directly in elm-test-rs
  2. Use the --verbose/-v option
  3. Use another report such as --report consoleDetails
  4. Use a dedicated new option only valid for the console report like --display-tests-listing

In the case where you think it’s not worth integrating directly into elm-test-rs, this isn’t a complete blocker since I plan to enable custom user reports in a future release. Something that would look like:

elm-test-rs --report "custom" --report-package "user/package@1.0.0" --report-fn "MyReporter.implementation"

where user/package@1.0.0 would be your own package containing a MyReporter module with an implementation function satisfying some predefined interface.

• Do not integrate this directly in elm-test-rs
  • Use the --verbose/-v option
  • Use another report such as --report consoleDetails
  • Use a dedicated new option like --display-tests-listing
  • Something else?

0 voters

If you think of something else or have any feedback, please post a comment in this thread.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.