[Windows]Access violation in generated code when reading 000000000f841bb4

Hi there, after upgrading to elm 0.19, attempting to do elm init causes this error message:

Hello! Elm projects always start with an elm.json file. I can create them!
...<snip>...
Knowing all that, would you like me to create an elm.json file now? [Y/n]: y
Access violation in generated code when reading 000000000f841bb4

I can ignore this and continue with ‘n’, opting to make the elm.json myself, except that elm make gives the same error when trying to run it on Main.elm. elm repl gives the same error when trying to run any command as well.

I was originally using elm 0.18 installed using npm, so I uninstalled that and reinstalled 0.19 with the windows installer to make sure it wasn’t causing any issues and the error still persists. I gave a quick search online and no-one else seems to have reported this problem. Anyone have any advice?

I am using Windows 10 version 1703, OS build 15063.1266. This is a work machine behind a corporate proxy, and I can confirm a colleague has the same issues as I do.

Sounds like you’ve found a new bug, though I’m surprised there aren’t lots of other Windows users encountering it. Open a new issue at https://github.com/elm/compiler/issues and describe it as you did here. Include a sample Main.elm that causes the problem with elm make.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.