State of elm ui

Hi,

I’m trying a little experiment with Elm, after not using the language at all for a couple years. I remember being really curious about Elm-UI. Is it still something folks in this community use? Or has the user-interface moved on to something else? What are folks using these days?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Welcome back! I’d say mdgriffith/elm-ui is still quite popular and a v2 is in development. rtfeldman/elm-css is also still quite popular and got a really nice fork dzuk-mutant/elm-css recently. Using Tailwind with Elm has also been popular the last year or 2, though I don’t know which packages are used for that most commonly.

1 Like

Thanks! I remember now hearing a podcast discussing tailwind in elm, and that sound really interesting too.

it feels very refreshing to be using elm again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m a happy elm-ui user, although I’m also eagerly anticipating the upcoming version 2.

3 Likes

As someone who approached Elm with no prior web development experience, elm-ui fit like a glove, as I had no html- and css-stuff to unlearn. I still have very limited skills in html and css, but despite this I can create pretty advanced and good-looking web apps thanks to elm-ui. It’s a great package and I’m looking forward to what version 2 will bring!

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Very helpful. Where could I find more info about version 2? I didnt know there’s going to be a new version.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.