Hey there, we’re glad to see you! This group exists to discuss anything Elm related, from beginner questions to compiler design. Welcome!
How to be constructive
- Make it easy for people to reply to you. The harder it is for people to read, the harder it is for them to reply.
- Keep it short and sweet. Long posts tire the reader.
- Stay on topic! If you want to side-track on a certain topic, make a new thread. They’re free!
- Avoid repeating what others have said.
- Avoid posting +1s. Use the heart reaction (the button at the bottom of the post) instead, or add to the discussion with a post of your own.
Things which are okay to post
- announcements of things people are working on
- beginners requesting help, though they should be directed to the Slack channel or reddit for further questions.
- openly exploring ideas for API design, language features, without expecting others to take action as a result
- discussing pain points using specific code examples and a goal of identifying the right way to proceed right now
Things which are not
- lobbying for reprioritization of known issues that have been discussed elsewhere
- discussing pain points through unconstructive venting
- unconstructive criticism of others’ work
- personal attacks